It was 31st Dec 2008, around 11.50 pm. I prepared myself for a short prayer Iike I always do every year. I don’t exactly remember when I developed this habit, I guess since 8th Std. My favorite English Teacher had once said you could have the best New Year if you begin with a prayer and ever since it has become a practice. It has indeed had a very comforting effect hence I never tried anything different. Just when I completed my prayer, my mobile rang, it was my best friend from Boston - we have been best friends for the last two decades! We wished each other. It was quite an emotional moment. Though our conversation was brief, it meant a lot to me. I called home hoping my parents would be awake. I wished my parents. And Phew! Network gave up on me, I could not make calls. In fact this was expected considering the New Years' rush and the network bandwidth. I sent few text messages and replied to some. I had one more call to make – I was hoping, the network would be up. I’m quite stubborn that way, if I have to get through to someone; I have to; no matter what. I used the landline – and yes I got connected. I wished a close friend who was off in Goa celebrating New Year.
That morning, my close buddy from Chennai gave me my first wake-up call this year. It was time for few more calls to be made like my grandparents, my uncle and my brother. The joy I receive in wishing loved ones is something, I can never explain. During the course of the day, I managed to wish family and friends.
For some reason, I feel this New Year 2009 is going to be a great one and my instinct has always worked - though Bejan Daruwala seems to have a different view, but hey that is his point of view!
To begin with, I’m sponsoring a child through World Vision something I always wanted to. Looking forward to a year of best moments I would always cherish, happiness and success rightly deserved.
To all my dear friends,
Let the New Year begin with Joy and bring all the success and finest moments ever, Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year…:)
3 comments:
Well 2009 sure is going to be a kickass year.. Happy New Year and here's wishing you a lot of joy, happiness, light, peace and bliss:)
Hi Arvind,
Thank you ...Wish you the same...:)
Wow!!! what a way to start a year.. so how is the year treating so far!!
Post a Comment