Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inked !




A little more than a year ago, I accompanied my friend to the Tattoo parlor. Until then I had no clue what it was to get inked, although I had seen people with some real crazy tattoos like rangoli, some arbitrary design, their names, their lover’s names, pictures of god – what not. To be honest all this seemed quite amateurish to me only until I witnessed my friend get a professional one done. I thought it was remarkable. I guess that sparked off my interest to get inked too.
Sixteen months later, here I am in a tattoo parlor to get inked. This time on me! Although I had made up my mind on what I wanted to get inked. I was contemplating if I should get it done on my back or arm. I was very particular of the fact that the tattoo would be such that I would flaunt it only at will. My friend suggested that the first Tattoo should be in a place where I could see for myself. I thought that made sense. Today, I am so glad for that suggestion, otherwise I would have lost the opportunity to admire the Tattoo . I got inked on my left arm and it reads “Om” in devanagari script (Hindi). It wasn’t as painful as I thought it would be. It was bearable and pain totally worth it. Russell was the man with the needle gun on the mission. He took not more than 10 minutes for completing the design and shade. While I am in awe of my first tattoo, I am thinking of a second one already!

2 comments:

kunalrulez said...

super super, your next should not happen for a year atleast

Renu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.